Sunday, January 11, 2009

Containerizing the Mess

Like when we moved in, we started off really organized and systematic -- Dad would be proud. All of the boxes neatly packed and labeled according to category -- work, momentos, books, clothes. We were even organizing by room, and by levels of secrecy. But packing has been a little boring and slow this weekend, and this morning we decided the h*ll with it. We've got to get 'r done, as they say, and L. and I are just stuffing things in boxes now without rhyme or reason. We label if we remember to, but I think we've lost more Sharpies in two days than I've lost approval points over the years. Heh. We've got the rest of our lives to sort this mess out anyway.

B. is getting more antsy as the boxes pile up, nervously sniffing the stacks throughout the joint. I hope he doesn't have a nervous accident.

No longer very worried about the carpet stains. I forgot the new P. brings in their own decor.

No comments:

Post a Comment